Thursday, June 18, 2009

HSG this cycle = FAIL!

Well, I called on the 1st day of my period, like I was instructed. The nurse says, "When did you start your period? Well, I'm sorry to tell you this but both of the staff that do this proceedure will be out of the office on vacation during the time that you need to come in. It really doesn't happen very often. Please call back next cycle." And that's it, that's all...So, my lucky streak of appointments, and being seen in a timely manner has come to and end. Boo.

I'd be lying if I wasn't hoping to capitalize on the fact that an HSG is supposed to increase your fertility for several months after the proceedure. Oh well. Here's to hoping that it's not necessary and I get pg this next cycle. Of course, that would also mean hoping that my TSH levels have already reduced in this short period of time. I can say, that I can tell a difference already. I felt a difference the first morning on this increased dose. ::repeats:: I think I can, I think I can...

On another note, I'm running a half marathon on Saturday!!! I'm completely unprepared. Last week, I had a terrible time getting my workouts in, and this week of course, I'm not supposed to push it too much. I guess this wouldn't be the 1st half marathon I've had to wing (oops...). So, I'm leaving for Niagara-on-the-Lake tomorrow, where I'll meet up with my parents and BIL and SIL, and we're bringing the dogs! Should be a great time, and I'll be able to enjoy some post-race wine tasting...Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about having to wait til next cycle. That blows. Good luck on the half marathon. I hope to be able to accomplish one of those someday!

    ReplyDelete