Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Appointment With the RE

Well, the RE was much more amazing than the nurse I talked to on the phone. The great thing about the Cleveland Clinic (and I'm sure most hospitals are on a similar system) is everything's all right there in the system.

The RE was able to look at G's chart from the IU, my OB/GYN info, and BW all at once on the comp. AND he DID look at everything. He basically took a ton of info, I answered his questions...theyTSH came up almost immediately, and he instantly said, "I can help you with that." As you can imagine, this put me right at ease. My biggest worry was that he was going to make me see someone else for this.

After getting all my info, he said, "Well, your prognosis is really good." I said even w/G's SA info? He's like "yes...I'm looking at that right now. I've yet to see anyone w/a 14 on morphology and you can donate sperm at 5." This reassured me b/c he sees healthy males all the time, not just men w/issues like the IU.

I didn't even have to talk to him about the BW, he said, "Looks like we caught you during your surge." AWESOME...last thing I needed was another Dr. to tell me I was premenopausal. He did say he wasn't worried about my FSH. But, when I get BW to see if my thyroid is under control in 2 mo. he would like to double check the FSH numbers and get my BW on CD3 (yay!). Two months from now, but it's a start.

He of course wrote me a Rx for the sythroid and....said, "I would like to see you at the low end of normal, like 1-2 range." Which is great b/c this means he really is looking at my TSH from a TTC POV. (as he should) He said, I expect I'll see you in here really soon, when you get an HPT+, we'll do an u/s and I'll kick you back to the OB, because you should be a low risk pg. Good to know.

He also said that I'm welcome to wait a few months, or until the year mark to get an HSG. But, since it's associated w/increased fertility, I'm welcome to do it anytime. Gave me the slip and told me what time in my cycle to schedule it if I "was in a hurry." All and all, it was sweet to be able to make some decisions and have some tools at my disposal. I can go into any of the CC BW labs w/o paper work b/c it's in the system, and the HSG is at my discretion.

He did say if things don't work out, and I reach a year, we can move forward w/some more scrutinizing tests. He's one of those that is "fine" w/charting. But, doesn't think it's necessary. He's not even a fan of OPKs because he thinks it's an added expense that you don't need if you're have sex regularly enough. So, I guess that works for me!

2 comments:

  1. Sound like it was a very successful appointment! Glad you have a plan in motion. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like you had a great appointment and that you've got a great RE on your hands. I hope your RX puts things where they are supposed to be and you get that BFP sooner than expected!

    ReplyDelete